So it happened again. Just when I needed a little blogging motivation, I got some! Last week the very kind Inspiring Max took time to let me know that they are enjoying the words I write. And it felt good. Of course it did! So here I am to say a big thank you, to let you know a little more about me and, in turn, to share the words of those writers I love to read.
Seven Facts About Me
1. I hate and love change in equal measures. I spend my days dreaming and playing out in my head a fictional future but dread doing anything new. I know I should live in the moment but I just wish I knew how.
2. I wear matching underwear. Always.
3. I binge on books. I can devour them in hours for day after day and then not read a word in weeks.
4. Blogging was much easier before I knew my mum was a reader. I don’t really share anything she doesn’t know already. I’m pretty sure she wouldn’t mind if I did. However, as I write, I read it back through her eyes and, being a mum myself, know all too well that your child’s words can unintentionally harm. That aside, hi Mum!
5. Colouring in equals therapy. I should find time to do it more often.
6. I cannot spell. I couldn’t spell at school. In the days of handwritten essays I could spell a word incorrectly at the start of the page, correctly in the middle and get it wrong again by the end. In the days of google and predictive text I haven’t had to finish spelling a word in years. I teach English.
7. People probably like me more than I like myself. Or more than I deserve. I really am very lucky really.
My Nominations (or blogs I think you should take the time to check out because they really are quite wonderful!)
Earlier in the summer, I was first nominated for this by Tempest Rose at Nonsense & Shenanigans and her words really are awesome.
After that nomination I took some time to find some other writers I really enjoyed and, although not the full fifteen, these are fast becoming my new favourites…
heels not required offers warm words and super shots of her very wearable wardrobe.
I love This 20-Somethin’ Life especially this powerful post
The Bippity Boppity Beautiful Blog offers an eclectic mix of pretty things to make you think.
Just A Small Town Girl offers super strong words on a range of subjects as wide as you might wish to imagine.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and if you want to get involved find the guidelines (I love that, I can’t get along with ‘rules’) below…
Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
Display the guidelines and the award.
Share seven facts about yourself.
Nominate 15 other blogs and comment on their posts to let them know you have nominated them.
Proudly display the award on your blog and follow the person who nominated you (optional).