Inspiration often strikes in the strangest of places and, even stranger still, at times, whilst you are off desperately searching for it, you find yourself unknowingly, completely unintentionally, inspiring others too.
Well, at least, that appears to have been the case here.
The lovely Tempest Rose has all too kindly nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. When I began blogging a few months ago, I was inspired to do so by a dear friend (more of her later) but never even dreamed that others, strangers, would chose to read, let alone enjoy, my words. Over those few months, Tempest Rose has stopped being a stranger. When her face appears in my new notifications I smile because I know that she has chosen to come back again. And, with that in mind, I am so pleased to receive this nomination from her. However, this has also arrived at the very moment I needed it. As I come to the end of a holiday where I have neglected all my best blogging habits it provides a perfect opportunity for me to reconnect with my writing and take some time to re-read the words of those I admire. Thank you.
So, here goes…
SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME (although none that are likely to inspire!)
1) When asked to provide a fact about myself (interesting or otherwise), I freeze. I hate the pressure. What should I say? I appreciate the irony of this coming from someone who choses to blog about their life. I should probably discuss it again at length with my therapist.
2) I am a total book snob. If you recommend a book to me, you can guarantee I will not read it. This included my set text for A level English. I am strangely proud of this and ashamed by it in equal measures. I can’t see myself changing.
3) Three is my lucky number. I cannot tell you when or why this became the case, I cannot provide a single example of a time it has brought me good luck and I am not even superstitious but it has been this way for a while and I’m sticking with it.
4) (Sorry Andrew but…) I am my Nanny’s favourite.
5) I consider having neat handwriting to be one of my greatest achievements. When I learnt that my friend, Emma, felt the same way about hers I knew I had found a friend for life. However, please note, she asks me to write the label anything important for her.
6) I am absolutely, unbelievably, hideously vile if I do not get enough sleep. I consider enough sleep to be a full eight hours. To prevent or combat this I am prepared to go to any length including putting on my pyjamas and going to bed before 6pm whenever possible despite having learnt the hard way that you can’t bank sleep.
7) Once I start talking about myself, I find it hard to stop. Strangers know some of my deepest, darkest secrets.
And now, those who inspire me; MY NOMINEES…
Space 4 Mum The lovely Laurenne. The reason why I blog and a wonderful woman writing about the experience of motherhood from a refreshing perspective.
Long and Luxe Beautiful words from a stunning soul.
Love Happy Notes Positivity and pretty, poetic words.
Cogito Ergo Mum Simple straight talking that will make you smile.
Sober is the new black Watching his number rise daily is inspiration in itself!
THE RULES (which I am also being a little flexible with!)
1) Thank and link to the amazing person who nominated you (see above)
2) List the rules and display the award (done and done)
3) Share seven facts about yourself (yuk!)
4) Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated (quality over quantity I say… there are many more I love to read but these are the writers whose words I never miss)
5) Proudly display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you (I most certainly don’t expect this from my nominees because I am just happy to share their words)